MATCHING GRANT PROJECTS EXECUTED BY THE CLUB
- With the help of dist 5080 donated a new Mahindra van costing 5 Lakhs to THFI for transporting handicapped children from their homes to THFI center.
- Two computers to THFI worth over 1 Lakh with the help of dist 5080.
- Mobile Artificial limb unit to THFI. Worth (3 Lakhs with Dist 5080)
- Constructed 100 toilets to individual houses costing Rs.12 Lakhs in Adupputty and Punnayurkulam area with the help of Dist. 5080.
- 'Sparsh', a micro credit project to help the families of disabled children worth 5.5 Lakhs with RC West Perth-Dist.9455.
- Provided 90 smokeless ovens to houses of poor people in and around Kunnamkulam, cost of the project being 7 Lakhs, with RC Corning, Dist.7120.
- Provided equipments worth 6 Lakhs to the Geratric Care Centre at Kottappady.
- Supply of 3 vans to Chaithanya Special School for disabled children, Kunnamkulam costing Rs.7 Lakhs with RC Parm Sprinngs of Dist.5330 (under processing)
DISTRICT PROJECTS DONE
- Rain Water harvesting seminar - 2002
- 'Swasthyam' Child mortality seminar – 2006
- Co-sponsor to 'Karunyam' TRF seminar – 2010
- 'Thalir' Dist. seminar on TRF (Co- hosted with other clubs in the region) 2011.
ON GOING PROJECTS
- RTn K R Mathew Memorial Cultural Fest every year at Bethany Enghish School, Kunnamkulam. For the last 30 years.
- RTn. Biju Memorial Inter collegiate all Kerela Quiz Competition at Vidya Engg. College, Thalakkottukara. Since 2006.
- RTn. T. C. Verghese Memorial Inter School All Kerala Quiz for the last three years at Bethany English School, Kunnamkulam.
- 'Summer Showers' - Career guidance program for students of 10th STD. And for students of higher secondary classes at Rotary Nest for the last 3 years.
- Sponsoring of 5 students of GGHS School in 6th std. and they are provided with all study materials, umbrella and uniforms every year till they leave the school for the past 2 years.
- Rice distribution to 1000 poor people, cash for medical treatment to 20 patients and clothes to 50 poor persons at Pazhanji along with "Gods on Creations club", for the last 3 years.
- Wheel chairs to the handicapped patients for the last 4 years.
- Sewing machines for vocational training and as a means of livelihood to ladies for the last 3 years.
- Donation of 10000 Haemophilia factor to the Kunnamkulam chapter of Haemophilia society.
- Makkai Memorial Cash Award to SSLC topper of GGHS School.
RTn PHF Dr. K RajagopalROTARY NEST
CALICUT ROAD, PAREMPADAM
Thrissur Road, Kerala
Email : email@example.com